Thursday, December 27, 2012

App Review: Holy Rosary Deluxe Edition

Hello my faithful blog followers (pun intended). Welcome to my second iPhone App Review. This time we review a beautiful app simply called, "Rosary".



I really like this app. It's very simple and beautifully made. It has all the prayers written out in case you need them. The part I really like though is you can double tap the image of the particular mystery and it will go full screen and there's an image of Mary behind the mystery that you're meditating on. I love that it's almost like Mary is presenting this time in Christ's life to you. The images are very important for me so that I don't get distracted and I always remember what I should be meditating on. Also an iPhone Rosary saves your place in case you get interrupted - even if it's in the middle of a mystery. The other kind of cool thing is that people think you're just reading email or something on your phone when in fact you're praying and meditating. I guess it depends on how you look at that whether that's a good thing or not. Oh, it also includes the Divine Mercy Chaplet which is also hugely awesome.

I can't stress enough how important and powerful it is to say a daily Rosary. It's truly a beautiful way to meditate on the life, death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. So with this App it's much easier to integrate in your life by taking a break and praying, or pray it on the bus or train, etc.

When I searched 'rosary' over 100 apps came up! That's awesome! I remember when I first got this app it was pretty much the only app out there to pray the Rosary. Anyway, if you search for 'Holy Rosary Deluxe Version' you should find it. Looks like it's $1.99 now, but it's very worth the price. Much cheaper than a gold, diamond encrusted Rosary that you have to lug around. I haven't really tried other apps so this isn't like a huge well researched post about what the best Rosary app is, this is just what I use and like. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment