Friday, December 21, 2012

DeMontfort - My Man

St. Louis deMontfort:

He's the best. I've taken him as my own patron saint. I was actually confirmed with the confirmation name 'Louis' (although at the time I chose it because it's also my Grandfather's name and the name of my hometown, St. Louis). I've read two of his books, True Devotion to Mary and Secrets of the Rosary. Both highly recommended, especially the second since it's such a short and simple read. I've also completed the deMontfort method of consecration to Our Lady this past August. Pope John Paul II called the time when he first read True Devotion and did the consecration as the main turning point in his life. This is a man who many consider one of the greatest popes of all time and one of the greatest christians of the 20th century, so it's very interesting that deMontfort had such a huge impact on him. He read True Devotion while he worked in a stone quarry during the Nazi occupation of Poland.

I forget how I found it, but this article is a very interesting read on the saint and I learned a lot reading it.

St. Louis-Marie deMontfort, Pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment