Friday, July 5, 2013

New Papal Encyclical!!

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to get word out (if you haven't already heard) that there's a new papal encyclical out. It's available on the Vatican's website here:

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/francesco/encyclicals/documents/papa-francesco_20130629_enciclica-lumen-fidei_en.html

It'll take me a while to read through it so I don't have too much to say for now, except that it's exciting that it's an encyclical released by Pope Francis, but the first draft was written by Pope Benedict before he abdicated the throne. I'm not sure if that's ever happened before but it's pretty cool. The main subject of the encyclical is Faith, which is fitting given that it's the year of Faith. I was very inspired when Benedict called the year of faith and even went so far as to start up a podcast because of it, so I'm pretty excited to read this.  God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment