Monday, December 3, 2012

Dan's Movember


So for the month of November I'm again doing the mustache thing to raise awareness for men's health. I started a Movember page that you can visit here (and maybe even donate a little?). Friday was my last day and here's how far I got:



It's an important thing to know what kinds of cancers specifically attack men and be aware of them. I was at the dentist's office last week and was talking with my dental hygienist about my movember, and she said there is an oral cancer screening that they perform which is much more common in men. I decided to go for it, it was only $25 extra and took a couple of minutes. I did have to gargle this really nasty vinegar fluid for 40sec, but it was worth it for peace of mind. I'm oral cancer free!

While we're talking about dentists, I found that it's very helpful to pray during the cleaning. It's generally a little painful so this can be a way to offer up a small bit of suffering and unite it with Christ on the cross. I found it was also very easy to pray a rosary on my fingers during the visit. 

While we're also talking of Movember this is a movie a priest shared with me! It's pretty hilarious:



Goodbye my mustache friend. I will miss you. See you next year hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment