Friday, September 21, 2012

Great Bob Dylan Commentary

I just watched this commentary on Bob Dylan's "All along the watchtower" and it gave me a WHOLE new appreciation for the song:



It's incredible to think of the Joker and the Thief as the two criminals crucified on either side of Jesus. I also didn't realize the images in the song were taken directly from Isaiah 21.

I got really into Bob Dylan's music in my college and grad school days and now I'm beginning to revisit him again. I was listening to the album, "Desire" yesterday and really falling in love with it all over again. He's so lyrically poetic and complex. On that album we have Hurricane, Isis, Joey and Sarah. All one word songs that contain within them a massive amount of words (with respect to songs in general). Great story-telling songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment