Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Hello everyone. I wanted to say a big Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there. I want to especially recognize my mother Lucy, and my wife Suzanne who herself is a brand new mother. I don't have too much to say but I wanted to share this little passage I read in my Magnificat for May regarding mothers and I think it sums it up nicely how important your role is:

To be a mother is to stretch yourself as far as you can possibly go. It is to say, There! That is everything I have; that is my blood, my heart, my bone marrow. And it is then to be called to give in yet a different way, a different direction. Just when the mother wants to rest, she is called to more openness of heart, more self-emptying, more patience, more work, more letting go, more love…

No comments:

Post a Comment