Monday, February 13, 2012

First Post!

Hello World! My name is Dan. I’m Catholic and I want to start a blog. I thought it could just be a place to talk about being a Catholic, but especially a Catholic husband and a Catholic dad (just had a beautiful baby boy in Oct. 2011). I’d like to start with just an overall picture of my life to give you a feel for where this is all coming from. I'm a pretty normal guy, I think. I love playing board games with friends, eating anchovie pizzas, being car free and biking everywhere (see my other blog), organizing finances (both at work and at home), and being involved with my local community organization (GRIA).

I was born and raised Catholic but never really knew the faith well. I started coming back to the Catholic Church in 2006 when I entered graduate school, and was confirmed in the Church in April of 2008. Before that I was away for a long time from any religion. My journey back was gradual, but I think now I’m a very strongly Catholic and it shapes pretty much everything I do. I absolutely do believe in everything that the Church’s Magesterium teaches regarding faith and morals. I’d like to share my story and experiences with any who are also on a spiritual journey and answer any questions they might have. I love reading scripture and other holy writings. I love volunteering and helping people. I love talking with friends about God. I also am really starting to enjoy prayer life!

I'd like to add and discuss things like great movies, music, blogs and books that I enjoy. I'll also probably discuss great homilies I hear, or interesting thoughts I have regarding faith and the Catholic Church. Fatherhood and marriage life will also be common subjects (as the title of this blog suggests). I would also like to discuss great volunteering opportunities that I participate in around Baltimore. These of course are just some ideas and I'm sure there will be more. Join me on this journey, won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment